Well, let’s first understand circuit breakers – circuit breakers go around electrical injuries and fires and they are a significant safety feature in your home. And how does a circuit breaker work? This electrically-powered miracle detects and halts surplus electric-current in its tracks. When there is a short circuit or an overload, it generally trips by cutting off electric-power to the problematic line till the problem is dealt safely. Call an expert electrical service provider for complete inspection to keep your home and your loved ones safe from electrical hazards.
In your home, you’ll have electrical service panel that holds a chain of lever-operated circuit breakers, which control and shield the circuits. At preset amperage loads, each of the circuit breakers is designed to trip off or shut off; therefore you’ll find the different size of circuit breakers in the box.
The circuit breaker is important to shield your home and family from unexpected fire and electrical injury. When this preset limit is reached, the breaker trips open the circuit and stops the flow of electric-power to that specific circuit or electrical line.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON CAUSES OF CIRCUIT BREAKER TRIPS?
- The majority of the trips occur when a circuit is overloaded.
- Short circuits happen, for instance, due to a wiring problem within an appliance resulting in pulling excess current.
- Ground imperfection normally happens in a high-moisture area like the bath or kitchen and the reason why GFCIs are needed by current electrical code for your safety.
WHERE EXACTLY ARE CIRCUIT BREAKERS LOCATED IN A HOUSE?
- Typically, circuit breakers are found in your home’s breaker box. And breaker boxes are generally found in the basement, store room, garage or hall.
- In case, you’re having trouble finding your breaker box then look out for the electric meter that is usually located outside the house; normally, this is adjacent to your breaker box for safety/distribution.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO RESET CIRCUIT BREAKER?
Yes, it is possible to reset circuit breaker! Usually, a circuit breaker trips when you lose power to an outlet or particular area of your home. It is simple to reset the circuit breaker – once you find the breaker box, open its door and look for the ON/OFF toggle switches – the majority of them point towards the panel centre, signifying the ON position. And it indicates OFF when toggles point away from the panel centre. Toggles that remain in-between position are the ones that have tripped.
As a rule of a thumb, turn OFF the breaker before turning it ON again or it won’t reset. However, if it trips again, immediately turn it OFF without further resetting it and just close the panel door and call an emergency electrical service provider for instant electrical services & ask them for thorough diagnosis and solution.
TOUCH BASE WITH STANDARD & CERTIFIED ELECTRICIAN
If circuit breaker repeatedly trips in your home, it is vital to know the reason why it is so essential to avert it from occurring again and safeguard against probable electrical fire and injury.
- In unusual cases, the breaker itself gets damaged or you may be having a malfunctioning or damaged appliance that you aren’t aware of or issue may be in the circuit itself like numerous items on one breaker (aka circuit overload).
- If the circuit breaker trips off frequently or you detect burnt breakers, observe a burning smell or notice fire indicators, switch off the main breaker to the panel and call standard & certified electrician
- Moreover, when you’re not sure of anything then remain away from the breaker box and get expert assistance at the earliest.