Double glazing is a very popular choice for modern homes since it has so many advantages to offer, both for homeowners and the environment. Double glazing can help you save money on your heating bills, reduce outside noise and keep your family safe from intruders.
Double glazing is a type of window that has two panes instead of one. Between the panes is an insulating layer of air or gas that keeps out cold air in winter and hot air in summer. So double glazing helps you save money by keeping your house warm during the winter months when you most need it, but also cool in summer when the weather can become unbearable. It also helps to reduce outside noise so you can get some peace and quiet.
The other major advantage of double glazing is its strength and durability, which means that it can act as a security measure inside your home. This makes double glazing a good deterrent in preventing break-ins and burglaries.
If that wasn’t enough to convince you, here’s a list of see more advantages here of double glazing windows:
Energy efficiency – Double glazing windows are designed to be energy-efficient in order to keep your energy bills low. The additional pane will keep the warmth locked in during winter. Double glazing windows are well insulated. The two panes of glass and the air gap between them slow down heat transfer, which makes your home more energy efficient. By choosing to install double glazing windows, you will reduce your energy bills, as you will not have to use electrical appliances to keep your house warm.
Noise reduction – double glazed windows are much better at noise reduction than single pane windows. So if you live on a busy street or near an airport, you can benefit from installing double glazing windows, as they will make your home quieter and more relaxing.
Maintenance – double glazed windows require very little maintenance and do not warp or rot. They are also easy to clean and do not get damaged by insects or sunlight.
Double glazed windows are made up of 2 or more panes of glass with a small space in between the panes. If you want to know why double glazing is so popular and whether it’s worth the extra money, check out our list of advantages below:
– Improved comfort – double glazed windows are better insulated than single glazed windows, which means they will keep your home warm during winter and cool during summer.
– Reduced noise – if you live on a busy road or your neighbours like to party, double glazing will make your home quieter by blocking out noise.
– Reduced condensation – the small space between the panes of glass helps to reduce condensation build-up on the inside and outside of your windows.
– Reduced UV rays – double glazed windows block up to 90% of harmful UV rays, which can cause fading on carpets and furniture.
– Low maintenance – because there is no paint or timber involved, double glazed windows require very little maintenance compared to traditional timber windows.
– Energy efficient – double glazed windows will save you money on heating bills because they are better insulated than single glazed windows.