The timber floor always stands out no matter where it is laid. It is a royalty by itself and is a hygroscopic material. It is available in many designs and colors and upgrades your house interiors. Before installation, one needs to make sure to study the environmental conditions and other various conditions to give the floor a lifelong experience. Humidity plays an important role in Epping, so it is always advisable to take proper care and measures in the installation process. Before commissioning timber flooring in Epping, one must note the following requirements.
- Become familiar with the color variations of timber which betide naturally in the timber species.
- Consult with an industry association or skilled installer to learn about the moisture content at which the timber must be stationed.
- Make sure to check that the installation does not affect the other building action or allows installation and acclimatization sufficiently and smoothly.
- The humidity and temperature must not have huge fluctuations or it should be kept in control.
- The sub-floors and the concrete slabs must be dry and moisture tested.
Tips to install timber flooring in Epping
An exceptional place like the Epping requires special care and maintenance. The humidity and temperature will cause fluctuations after installations. So for the contraction and expansion of the timber, considerable allowance must be made. During such conditions, extra care and precautions must be taken to keep in check with the environmental conditions. The circumstance that requires care during the installation process includes
- Heated or air-conditioned rooms.
- Heated floors.
- Rooms that have large glass windows or doors that are not protected.
- Rooms that are poorly ventilated or void sub-floors, water leakage or moist concrete slabs.
- Buildings that are not finished working with wet trades.
- Different humidity and temperature conditions as a result of doors and windows left open or closed during the working period.
- When timber flooring is being installed, the evaporative cooling system should not be operational.
- The product that bonds many boards together should be avoided.
- Always rely on professional and qualified workers to achieve the desired result.
There are many types of finishes starting from oils to water-based polyurethanes. The finishing should suit the aesthetic and functional requirements. No matter what kind of finishing you adopt, the proper following of the manufacture’s instruction is needed. Since the climate in Epping is humid, bright finishing is recommended as it will make the place breathable and alive. Dull and low colors must be avoided but if interior requires then there is no harm in trying color hues.
One must follow a standard set of rules in flooring timber. Make sure the work area is clean from dust and dirt. Sanding, sawing, and routing must be attached to dust extractors. Proper care must be taken to avoid dust as much as possible. One must also take care and protect themselves while machining timber like the gloves, protecting eye and ear, clothing and more. One must always wash skin after handling timber and should wash the clothes regularly for personal health reasons.