Starting your own hydroponic garden is a great idea. It will help you grow your own edibles without having to go through a lot of hassle. However, you cannot start your garden unless you have complete information about the most common hydroponic supplies. Without the knowledge of those supplies, you will fail to provide your hydroponic plants with enough nutrients to grow. Here are some of the most common and important things to buy before starting a hydroponic garden:
- Pumps: You will need a variety of pumps to help your garden grow properly. These pumps are designed especially to support your hydroponic plants that require enough light and air. These automatic pumps provide your plants with ample air and also deliver important nutrients after regular intervals.
- Trays: You need to buy right types of trays that will hold your plants. The pumps you buy will deliver nutrient solution to these trays, which in turn will help your plants to grow properly.
- Grow Lights: You will have to buy a variety of grow lights for different plants. Without the use of grow lights, you cannot support the photosynthesis, which is essential for the growth of your plants.
- Timers: You will have to buy timers to ensure that the whole process works in a systematic way, and the role timers play makes them one of the most important hydroponic supplies. You will have to attach timers to the water pumps to ensure that they deliver enough water and nutrients after regular intervals. The timers also play a role in flushing out water from the grow trays and back to the reservoir. Grow lights are important but they also need timers to function properly. You will also have to use timers to control ventilation systems, heating systems, and more. You can find a variety of timers today, but you will be better off buying digital timers because they are more advanced and accurate.
- Growing Medium: Without the use of growing medium, your crops will never grow. Your crops will use the medium to find physical support. It is important to bear in mind that you may need different growing medium depending on the plant you are trying to grow. Just ensure that the medium you are using is capable of retaining moisture, so you do not have to water your plants that often.
- Hydroponic Nutrients: Since you are growing plants without soil, you have to do something to provide them with important nutrients. This is exactly when you can find nutrient solutions that you can deliver to the plant with the help of a pump. It would not be wrong to suggest that hydroponic nutrients are among the most important hydroponic supplies without which your plants will never grow.
- Reservoirs: You have to store the nutrient solution properly and that is when you will have to invest in a container or reservoir. You will have to install your pumps and timers in the reservoir to help deliver nutrients to the plant in a systematic way. It is usually a good idea to opt for bigger reservoirs.