The digital revolution began quietly, and in the 1960s, no one had any idea we would have got so far in 50 short years, but we now have a platform that enables you to order anything, whether a product or service, at any time, from any location. You no longer need to seek out a bricks and mortar establishment in order to buy anything, and this is the basis for ensuring your home runs as it should, and if you are new to home management, here are some helpful hints to ensure everything is always ship shape.
- Emergency Numbers – The Internet is the ideal platform for a homeowner to source any essential repair service. It might be you are desperate for a washing machine technician in Uxbridge, or an electrician in Kent, and there’s no need to wait until something goes wrong, you can source a plumber, electrician and roofing contractor within an hour, and with their emergency numbers safely in your smartphone memory, you are ready for any eventuality.
- Comparing Quotes – It is never wise to accept the first price you are given, and the advantage of online searching, is you can easily compare quotes, ensuring you only pay what you should. No phone calls are necessary, and with multiple browser windows, you can be talking to several suppliers at the same time.
- Prevention – Whether talking about the roof or the washing machine, regular servicing will ensure durability and longevity, and this will reduce the risk of an expensive repair, or even worse, a replacement. Extended warranties are always a good idea when investing in a domestic appliance, as this covers you in the event of a major issue, although you should always take good care of the item, as this will go a long way towards a long life.
- The Search Engine – This is the one tool that you can always rely on, and whether you use Google or Bing, the results come in less than a second, and with the right keywords, a single search is all it takes to locate the right product for the right price. There is no travel involved, and no pushy sales people trying to close the deal – you simply source and when you are ready, you buy.
- Word of Mouth – Perhaps the best recommendation is a neighbour or friend, which does give you an added level of assurance that all will be well, so ask friends and colleagues at work, if they have recently had a similar need and if so, how did it turn out?
Using digital technology allows anyone to manage a home well, and should anything go wrong, they would be able to use the search facility to source any number of specialist companies. The best thing to do is create folders on your mobile device and store emergency phone numbers, just in case.