Lifting and pulling equipment is used in a variety of industries. The equipment is designed to accommodate the building and pipeline needs for utility companies, construction contractors, marine-based businesses, energy-oriented companies, and engineering firms.
Winches are the main types of equipment that are used in these fields. Regardless of the specific use, the equipment is configured to comply with the regulations of each specific industry. If you need lifting and pulling equipment, then you need to contact a company that specialises in the in hiring and selling of this product line. Winch and hoisting tools are featured that can provide the ideal solutions for just about any job.
Types of Winches
For example, Atlas winch hire equipment includes the following:
- Air Winches: This equipment is used for rig and offshore installations including marine and shipping applications and oil and gas hazard situations.
- Base-Mounted Winches: These winches come in electric base, diesel base, hydraulic base, and single-drum base-mounted designs. You can also choose from double-drum and triple-drum base-mounted winches.
- Cable-Pulling Winches: These capstan winches are made to handle 500kg to one tonne of weight and feature such amenities as trailer-mounted fibre-optic designs and boom attachments for downhole pulling. Winches of this type are also made to manage three to 20 tonnes of weight. Trailer-mounted units are regularly used for towing.
- Hydraulic Winches: These types of winches can handle capacities of one to 400 tonnes and are suitable for a variety of environments and applications. The winches are supported by diesel, electric, and pneumatic systems.
- Custom-Built Winches: These winches come in wall- or base-mounted models that handle 100kg to 50 tonnes of weight. Winches of this type are used in factories, on ships, and for surveying purposes. Custom winches that are diesel-powered can manage 500kg to 250 tonnes of weight.
- Electric Winches: This equipment offers smooth starting and stopping and provides speeds that can be adjusted from 10% to 100%. Dynamic power optimisation (DPO) is also an option.
Other Lifting and Pulling Equipment
Besides the aforementioned winches, lifting and pulling equipment also consists of products such as:
- Cable Drum Trailers: This pulling equipment is designed to pull payload capacities of 795kg to 5,050kg on one-axle units or 8,550kg on twin-axle CD220 designs. Trailers are made to fit drum widths that go up to 1,7300MM.
- Cable Accessories: Accessories may include swivel links, mandrels, cable lubricant, cable drum jacks, cable stockings, and various cable rollers.
- Rigging Equipment: This equipment includes shackles and rigging blocks as well as horizontal deck sheaves and high-holding power anchors. Wire rope fittings, rigging screws, and chain gypsies are also included in the offerings.
- Mooring Systems: This equipment is comprised of anchors, mooring line, and connectors, all of which support the stabilisation of a floating platform or vessel at various water depths.
- Hoists: Specialist hoists are used in applications in the stage and theatre, in the food industry, and for monorail crane systems. Overhead cranes and rack-and-pinion drives for inclined beams are included in featured hoists as well.
So, if you want to lighten your load, you need to review the above list of equipment offerings. Besides working with a company that offers a full line of equipment, make sure that you choose a firm that offers site visits, servicing, on-site training, and testing. That way, you can ensure that all your needs are met with respect to operations and safety.