If you have been working with pest control Tucson to try and make sure that your bed bugs stay away, you know how much of a pain that it can be to deal with them. That being said, what have you been doing to actually avoid bed bugs? How can you make sure that they go away for good? Here are some tips that you can go ahead and try out for yourself.
- If you have a new bed, or you’re in a hotel, make sure that you look around with a flashlight to try and see them and/or the fecal matter that they leave behind on the bed at times. That way, you can know whether or not they are actually there and, on top of that, ensure that you’re going to prevent the spread to other places in your home if you catch them early on.
- One of the most common places that we get bed bugs is from traveling. We pick them up at hotels, campgrounds, and other various places. Make sure that you put your suitcases on hard surfaces (no chairs with upholstery or carpets), and always clean and vacuum everything out when you get back to your home. That’ll get rid of any eggs that may have been laid and will also prevent a number of issues from becoming that much worse for you to deal with.
- Our furry friends can also pose a unique problem when it comes to dealing with bedbugs. Keep their fur as clean as you possibly can so that they don’t’ attract bedbugs or other critters that can get into your home and cause problems to the people who live in it. On top of that, make sure that you check out the places that they sleep to see if they have left any traces of bedbugs so that you can take care of the problem before they go to the other beds in the home.
- Be sure that you are constantly cleaning your sheets and other things on your bed. If you let them sit too long, then they become a very inviting place for pests and you will end up with an even bigger bedbug problem than you dealt with in the first place.
- If you suspect you have bedbugs, make sure that you get someone in right away to try and deal with them and, on top of that, be sure that you clean them out quickly so that your problems don’t become even bigger in the end.
In short, it’s all about prevention. If you aren’t taking care of things properly, you could end up in a situation where it is more difficult for you to deal with than you thought it would be. Contact your local pest control to get more information about your options and to get started with whatever it is that you may need in order to feel confident that the bed bugs are gone.