It’s inevitable that at some point you’ll have to move. Whether it’s because of a job transfer, a new relationship, or just wanting to try something new, moving can be both exciting and stressful. But one thing you don’t want to worry about during this time is damage to your flooring. In this post we will go through what flooring damage is, why you want to avoid it as well as provide 10 tips for moving to avoid flooring damage. That said, let’s get started!
What is Flooring Damage?
Flooring damage is any type of physical damage that occurs to your floor. This can include things like scratches, dents, chips, cracks, etc.
Why You Want to Avoid Flooring Damage
There are a few reasons why you’ll want to avoid flooring damage. First, it’s unsightly. Even if the damage is minor, it can still be noticeable and take away from the overall look of your home. Second, it can be expensive to repair. Depending on the type of flooring you have and the extent of the damage, you may be looking at a hefty bill to get your floors fixed. Finally, damaged floors can lead to more serious problems down the road. For example, if a crack in your flooring is left unrepaired, it could eventually lead to your floor collapsing.
Tips to Follow to Avoid Flooring Damage
- Plan ahead and give yourself plenty of time to pack and move. This will help reduce the risk of rushing and accidental damage.
- Get some furniture pads or blankets to put under heavy furniture during the move. This will help protect your floors from scratches and dents.
- Be careful when moving appliances. Appliances are heavy and can easily damage flooring if not handled properly. Make sure to lift with your legs and not your back to avoid injury and floor damage.
- Use caution when unpacking boxes in your new home. Boxes can be sharp and cause scratches when opened carelessly. Cut them open slowly and carefully to avoid any accidents.
- For particularly delicate items, such as vases or picture frames, wrap them in bubble wrap or towels for extra protection.
- Put doormats at all the entrances to your new home. This will help reduce the amount of dirt and debris tracked in, which can cause scratches and other damage.
- Take off your shoes before walking on floors. This will help keep them clean and protected from potential scuffs and marks.
- Place floor mats or rugs in high-traffic areas. This will help reduce wear and tear in these areas and protect your floors from further damage.
9.Hire a Moving Company. A moving company can your move both seamless and efficient as they are trained in moving your items in a way that will not damage your new house floor or any other amenities. Fortunately, there are many options for finding a moving company but we strongly recommend Aleks Moving. Reach out to them today if you need a reliable and safe move.
- Vacuum or sweep regularly to remove dirt, dust, and other debris that can damage floors.
- Be careful when moving furniture around inside your home. Dragging furniture across the floor can cause scratches, so try to lift it whenever possible.
All in all, by following these tips, you can help avoid damage to your floors during a move. With a little planning and care, you can keep your floors looking great for years to come.